Below is a short history of the Cranbury First Aid Squad:
- First Aid Squad incorporated in 1957, with funds provided by Ella Groves Frazier's will. Will provided for the purchase of an ambulance for the Cranbury First Aid squad
- September 1957 - New Cadillac was put into service
- 1960 - Squad voted to accept women members
- 1967 - Fire Co. and the First Aid Squad became sepatate entites
- June 1963 - Silent alarm system (Plectron) was put into use
- June 1972 - First EMT ( Emergency Medical Technician ) course
- November 1974 - Dedication of the Squad Headquarters Bldg. at 68 Maplewood Ave.
- 1993 - Squad members became EMT-D ( defibrillate ) certified
- 1996 - Squad building roof raised,doors widened to accommodate larger, more sophisticated vehicles
- May 1997 - Celebrated 40th anniversary
- May 2007 - Celebrated 50th anniversary
We are actively working in our community and serving are community every day helping our citizens.